Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kuala Lumpur, a city of fear...

I look nervously at my watch, probably for the fifth time in the last five minutes. It’s 10.30 pm.

My wife walks into the living room from the kitchen. ”Is she home yet?” she asks.

“No,” I reply. ”Didn’t she say what time she’d be back? Why don’t you call her and see where she is.”

I am agitated. My daughter’s a big girl. She’s 23. She was out with a friend for a movie and dinner.

Normally, I would not have been so edgy. She’s been out late before, sometimes even for midnight movies.

But these are hardly normal times.

A string of murders, gangland-style, has gripped the nation. Since April this year, there have been about 40 gun-related incidents, resulting in 25 deaths. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Young robbers in Malaysia attack a cyber-café...
  2. Fears over crime go viral in Malaysia...
  3. Raging customer goes berserk in Malaysian store...
  4. Cops in Malaysia brutally beating up suspect...
  5. Robbers in Malaysia create panic at food stall...

No comments:

Post a Comment