Friday, April 05, 2013

The mother who says having these two children is the biggest regret of her life...

(...)

Yet I dreaded her dependence; resented the time she would consume, and that like parasites, both my children would continue to take from me and give nothing meaningful back in return.

Whenever I've told friends I wished I'd never had them, they've gasped with shock. 'You can't mean that?' But, of course, I do.

To some, my life before I had the children may have seemed humdrum and my job as a typist was, it's true, not much of a career. So what was the great sacrifice, you might think?

What I valued most in my life was time on my own; to reflect, read and enjoy my own company and peace of mind. And suddenly that peace and solitude wasn't there any more. There were two small interlopers intruding on it. And I've never got that peace back. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Man sues parents for not loving him enough!!!
  2. Woman sued by her children for "bad mothering..."
  3. Teen sues mother for hacking his Facebook account!!!
  4. New Zealand boy sells naked pictures of mother!!!
  5. Kids lash out at parents in rise of ‘little emperors’ 
  6. Son 'beheaded mother for looking like a witch'
  7. India: 3 young men beat mother to death in exorcism ritual...

No comments:

Post a Comment