Friday, March 22, 2013

Citizens' campaign to arrest Tony Blair continues...

It was only as David Cronin saw Tony Blair and his entourage striding towards him that he finally plucked up the courage to go through with his plan to attempt to arrest the former British prime minister over his role in the invasion of Iraq and claim a bounty on his head.

"I walked up to him very briskly and managed to put my hand on his arm and say, 'Mr Blair, this is a citizen's arrest,'" Cronin told Al Jazeera of the 2010 encounter at the European Parliament in Brussels, where he worked as a journalist.

"I didn't have time to say anything else before his bodyguards pushed me away, so I just shouted at him, 'You are guilty of war crimes!' He looked at me for a split-second before I was bundled off. I can only describe it as a look of puzzlement and contempt."

Ten years since British forces joined the US-led assault, many in the UK are more critical than ever of the country's involvement in a conflict documented by the Iraq Body Count database to have killed more than 112,000 civilians. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. If they had a scintilla of decency, Tony Blair, Alastair Campbell and ...
  2. Iraq War: major new questions for Tony Blair...
  3. George Bush and Tony Blair found guilty of war crimes in Malaysia tribunal...
  4. Tony Blair: People are still 'very abusive' to me 10 years after the Iraq War...
  5. Iraqi child asks Tony Blair and George Bush: Are you happy now?
  6. The Second Coming of Tony Blair and the magically disappearing blood...

No comments:

Post a Comment