Friday, February 08, 2013

Chinese single women 'hire boyfriends' for New Year to beat family pressure...

There are just days to go before Chinese New Year, the biggest celebration on China's calendar, when the entire country shuts down for a few days of food, fireworks… and family.

Many enjoy the holiday, but millions of unmarried people merely endure it.

In the basement of an office tower in central Beijing, a cloud of gloom hovers over the canteen at lunch time. Groups of young women huddled over large bowls of noodles look depressed when asked about the February's impending Chinese New Year holiday.

"I'm pretty old - I'm almost 30 - but I'm still single," explains Ding Na, a woman hailing from China's northeast.

"I'm under lots of pressure. My sisters and my relatives all ask me why I'm not married. When they call me, I'm scared to pick up the phone." Full story...

Related posts:
  1. China's "leftover" women...
  2. China's single women compete for love and riches...
  3. Husbands wanted for 36 Chinese millionaire single ladies!!!
  4. Chinese women taking courses on how to marry a millionaire!!!
  5. Chinese woman willing to sleep with any man who loans her his BMW for a week!!!
  6. Shanghai hosts China's first "Marriage and Love Expo" for lonely hearts...

No comments:

Post a Comment