Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rice Village waiter receives $5,000 tip!!!

A waiter at a Rice Village restaurant said he’s speechless after receiving a $5,000 tip.

Greg Rubar has worked at D’Amico’s Italian Market for 16 years. Over the weekend, a married couple, who are his regular customers, handed him the big tip.

“I told them thank you when they gave it to me, I knew it was money, but I didn’t know how much,” he said. “Maybe like a half hour after they left I went in the bathroom and I opened it, and looked at it and I could tell it was $5,000 because it was still wrapped, it still had the band on it from the bank.”

Rubar said the couple knew that his car was destroyed in recent thunderstorms in Houston. When they gave him the check they told him to go buy himself a car. He said that’s what he plans to do. Source + video...

Related posts:
  1. Oliver Kapo's gift to his boot-boy: a Mercedes!! Wow!
  2. Waitress sacked for complaining about tip on Facebook!!!
  3. Dancing waiters in PIzza Hut India!!!
  4. OMG! Monkeys working in a restaurant in Japan!!!
  5. Singapore restaurant charges $3,000 for fish sperm aphrodisiac soup!!!
  6. Australia: restaurant bill dodgers Facebooked!!! Oh boy...
  7. Table 7 at a Chinese restaurant...

No comments:

Post a Comment