Saturday, March 03, 2012

Youth in India has hands chopped off for unpaid Rs 300 loan. WTF!

In a heart-rending incident which exposed the Nitish regime’s tall claims of “sushashan” (good governance) in Bihar, the hands of a 20-year-old labourer were chopped off by contractors from whom he had taken a nominal loan of Rs 300, but could not repay the debt.

The labourer Ram Sagar Chandravanshi, who was married last month, is at present undergoing treatment at Patna Medical College and Hospital here. The incident took place at Arwal, some 90 km from here.

Chandravanshi owed Rs 300 to some contractors. “These people took me to Kodra village and asked me to work for them. I refused, but told them that I would repay the debt soon. This infuriated the contractors, who thrashed me mercilessly before chopping off my hands with an axe,” Chandravanshi, languishing on the floors of PMCH, narrated his tale of woes. “Before I fell unconscious, I heard them saying I will either have to pay or face the consequences,” he added. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Parents in India chop of daughter's nose over love marriage...
  2. Dalit girl in India has ear, nose chopped off for resisting rape. WTF!
  3. Man in Pakistan chops off wife's hands for giving birth to fourth daughter.
  4. Young Pakistani girl mutilated for refusing marriage to cousin. (Graphic)
  5. Two men in Pakistan sentenced to have nose and ears chopped off for...
  6. Teacher in India has hand chopped off for alleged Mohammed insult...
  7. Doctor in India chops off wife's and her suspected lover's hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment