Friday, August 26, 2011

Madagascar: Girls selling sex to pay for school...

The ambition of 16-year-old Madagascan schoolgirl Nadine* is to open a clothes boutique after completing a college course in textile design, but in the meantime, along with eight of her friends, she has turned to sex work to pay her tuition fees. Charging up to US$7 a time, she works in the poor Antananarivo suburb of 67 Hectares.

“The reason I sought money is because my parents were in financial difficulty. They have difficulties and I can help them. It's me who's paid my school fees since I was 13 years old. I was scared but I made an effort because of my parents' money problems,” she told IRIN.

“Most of them [my friends] are like me; they are looking after their parents [through sex work]”, she said.

 Anecdotal evidence of the increasing numbers of commercial sex workers and growing homelessness in Madagascar's capital, Antananarivo, is providing a snapshot of a country's descent into deeper poverty. More...

Don't miss:
  1. 9-year-old girl shocks Taiwan by prostituting herself online... 
  2. Students in Berlin willing to prostitute themselves to pay for school... 
  3. The taxi queens of South Africa: swapping sex for free rides to school... 
  4. China university students available as mistresses for a 'fee'
  5. New Zealand teen virgin auctions herself to pay tuition fees!!!
  6. One third of Hong Kong teens willing to be prostitutes...
  7. Switzerland: teenage prostituition on the rise...
  8. Aussie students sell their bodies to pay ...
  9. The math prodigy who became a whore... 
  10. "The living hell" of a Madagascar slave in Lebanon...

No comments:

Post a Comment