Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Sri Lankan soldiers "whose hearts turned to stone..."

As the Sri Lankan war approached its endgame, 130,000 civilians were trapped along a small strip of beach. An eyewitness recalls the bloodshed that followed and how civilians were targeted.

"When I look at it as an outsider I think they're simply brutal beasts. Their hearts are like that of animals, with no sense of humanity," Fernando tearfully recalled.

"They shoot people at random, stab people, rape them, cut their tongues out, cut women's breasts off. I have witnessed all this with my own eyes. I have seen small children laying dead," he continued.

"I saw a lot of small children, who were so innocent, getting killed in large numbers. A large number of elders were also killed.

(...)

"I saw a family, a mother and three children. This small family was fleeing. As we were about to take them, one of the children was shot in the leg. The child fell. I carried that child with these hands. The mother was screaming."

"Fernando" said even the wounded were shown no mercy: "When they were at the hospital, one day I saw a group of six soldiers raping a young Tamil girl. I saw this with my own eyes." Full story...

Don't miss: 
  1. Sri Lanka's killing fields (Graphic)
  2. Footage of Sri Lankan soldiers' atrocities against Tamils (Graphic)
  3. Sri Lanka and the white van syndrome...
  4. Sri Lankan editor's astonishing article about his murder and his murderers...
  5. Sri Lankan military committed war crimes says U.N. panel...
  6. Sri Lanka and the Tamil genocide...
  7. Sri Lanka’s white vans deliver fear and oppression... 

No comments:

Post a Comment