A Bangladeshi man trapped for nine days in a shipping container is recovering in a Singapore hospital after being found with a co-worker's corpse, police and media reports said on Wednesday.
Chittagong port worker Din Islam, 30, was discovered on Sunday inside the container at Singapore's bustling Pasir Panjang Terminal, next to another man who was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
"Investigations indicate that both men are believed to be port workers from Bangladesh who were trapped inside the container by accident while they were taking a rest," a Singapore police spokesman said.
Popular Singapore tabloid The New Paper said Din and the decomposing body of the fellow worker, whom he identified as Alamgir, were discovered after a trailer driver heard the survivor banging on the walls of the container. More...
- Pakistani brothers 'dug up corpse and made it into curry'
- Man in Vietnam slept beside dead wife for 5 years!!!
- Dead driver in New York given parking ticket!!!
- Japanese dude kept dead mother in ... backpack???
- Dead body lay under sofa for 10 years!!!
- 91-year-old widow lives with corpses of husband and twin sister!