Thursday, January 27, 2011

New York lawmaker wants to ban ipods and cell-phones for walkers...

After targeting distracted drivers, some New York lawmakers want to go after distracted walkers. They are looking to ban them from using iPods, music players and cell phones while walking and crossing the street.

At E.A.T. restaurant on Madison Avenue they still haven’t gotten over the death of co-worker Jason King, killed last month when a truck hit him as he crossed the street while listening to his iPod.

(...)

The proposal was triggered by accidents like a woman tripping into a fountain while texting, but not everyone thinks the ban is a good idea, even King’s co-workers.

“I mean I, myself, I walk around in the street hearing music because I don’t want to hear nobody around me or nothing,” Medina said. More...

Don't miss:
  1. She falls into fountain while texting...
  2. Don't be a dickhead; don't use your mobile phone while driving...
  3. Texting while driving is dangerous...
  4. How to send an SMS in India!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment