Foreign diplomats have clocked up more than £1 million in unpaid parking fees in central London, council bosses revealed today.
Figures show that more than 60 per cent of embassy-owned cars failed to pay for tickets issued for parking illegally in Westminster.
In a list of worst 20 offending embassies Kazakhstan comes out top with its vehicles owing more than £189,640 in fines generated from 1,715 unpaid tickets while the Sudanese embassy is second, clocking up £108,240 in fines for 1,005 unpaid tickets.
Afghanistan, China and Saudi Arabia make up the rest of the top five and between them owe £207,100 from almost 2,000 unpaid tickets.
The most prolific offender is a Kazakhstan diplomat who drives a black BMW 318i and owes £53,820 for 471 tickets, while two Sudanese diplomats owe almost £56,320 between them after dodging 544 tickets . More...
- German judge bans speeding fines!!!
- Dead driver in New York given parking ticket!!!
- Scottish driver made bankrupt over £18,000 parking fines!!!
- How they park cars in Budapest, Hungary...
- Identical Swiss twins and the parking tickets fiasco!!!
- To park his truck, a villager in India spent 14 years digging a tunnel through a mountain!!!