Monday, August 09, 2010

The Malaysian parents that home-school their children...

GWEN Jayatilaka took her three children out of the public school system in 2002. The 56-year-old mother was concerned about their educational progress and decided to homeschool them. It was not an easy decision.

"I took my children out of school when my oldest son was in Form Two, my second son in Year Four and my daughter in Year Three.

"The education system did not allow them to master and understand what was being taught. Critical thinking was absent and creativity was not encouraged." More...

Don't miss:

  1. Home-schooling, the quiet revolution...
  2. German homeschooling family granted asylum in the USA...
  3. Written exams to be replaced by on-line tests?
  4. Brazil: couple condemned for homeschooling their kids!!!
  5. Singapore icon Lee Kuan Yew admits that bilinguism policy in education was a serious mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment