Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rent a white guy! Confessions of fake businessman in China...

Not long ago I was offered work as a quality-control expert with an American company in China I’d never heard of. No experience necessary—which was good, because I had none. I’d be paid $1,000 for a week, put up in a fancy hotel, and wined and dined in Dongying, an industrial city in Shandong province I’d also never heard of. The only requirements were a fair complexion and a suit.

“I call these things ‘White Guy in a Tie’ events,” a Canadian friend of a friend named Jake told me during the recruitment pitch he gave me in Beijing, where I live. “Basically, you put on a suit, shake some hands, and make some money. We’ll be in ‘quality control,’ but nobody’s gonna be doing any quality control. You in?”

I was. More...

Don't miss:

  1. Now hiring in China: only whites need apply...
  2. China's black pop idol exposes her nation's racism...
  3. Facebook application that gives Indian men a lighter skin!!!
  4. Cosmetic surgery craze for government officials in China...
  5. I am black, but I wish I were white. Sad...
  6. To make a good impression at university, Indian students go for plastic surgery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment