Thursday, June 10, 2010

Why I despise the World Cup...

Who cares about a bunch of misogynist jocks tossing a ball around? Football is commidified nationalism that excludes more than half the population.

Much as I hate to disagree with Gary Younge, I can't get on board with his utopian vision of the upcoming World Cup evoking a "collective sense of latent English identity . . . infused with positive energy".

I despise the World Cup. I will not be supporting England, nor any other team. More...

Don't miss:

  1. How I hate the Beautiful Game...
  2. England's 1966 World Cup victory was fixed???
  3. Europe's thirst for young African footballers...
  4. Russian soccer referees have been bribed and murdered...
  5. Women's soccer can be nasty too...
  6. Soccer more popular than sex!
  7. 80 million reasons why football will never be the same again...

No comments:

Post a Comment