The RM5,000 ($2,125.50) monthly payment from their foreign wives - many of whom live separately and do not know the names of their spouses - is good money in exchange for a signature on marriage documents.
Immigration director-general Datuk Abdul Rahman Othman said there was no data on the number of "marriages of convenience" between local men and foreign women.
"Most of them (foreign women) are from China and Vietnam. More...
- In Singapore it can be tricky marrying a foreigner!
- Jobless man in Croatia gets a job as a rented "husband!!!"
- She rents herself out as "wife for hire..."
- Singles in Japan on a marriage-hunting quest...
- Malaysian widow, 75, looking for live-in Singapore partner...
- 107-year-old woman wants to marry for the 23rd.time!!!
- Wife in Malaysia forced into sex with 50 men while husband filmed and directed!!!