Sunday, February 07, 2010

Dalit woman in Nepal forced to eat excreta, drink urine because she's a "witch..."

A woman has been tortured by her neighbours for two days and forced to eat human waste before she finally gave in and confessed to practising witchcraft.

Those who beat, punched and kicked Kalli Biswokarma, 47, accused her of casting evil spells on a schoolteacher who had fallen ill in the village of Pyutar, 40 kilometres south of Nepal's capital, Kathmandu.

"I was victimised because I am a poor woman," said Ms Biswokarma, who belongs to the Dalit community - the untouchables on the lowest rung of Nepal's rigid Hindu caste hierarchy.

"Around 35 people came to my home and took me away. They trapped me in a cow shed and forced me to eat faeces and drink urine. More...

Don't miss:

  1. The bonded slaves of Nepal...
  2. Nepalese offered cash "incentive" to marry widows!!!
  3. Dalit in Tamil Nadu (India) forced to eat human excreta...
  4. Woman raped and vagina-abused for being a "witch..."
  5. 5 women in India paraded naked for being "witches..."

No comments:

Post a Comment