The 35-year-old Sicilian first showed up at a police station on Thursday (local time) asking to be arrested because he preferred spending the night in prison rather than with his family, but was rebuffed because he had not committed a crime, the Agi news agency said on Friday.
The man immediately went to a tobacco shop next door, where he threatened the owner with a boxcutter as he grabbed a few sweets and a packet of gum.
He then waited until police arrived to arrest him for robbery.
- When Italians prefer jail to being nagged at home!!!
- Sicilian prefers jail to nagging wife!!!
- Man in China jumps into river ... to escape nagging wife!!!
- Man in India gambles wife away in card-game!!!
- Chinese husband allows wife to beat him up once a week!!!
- Man in Vietnam slept beside dead wife for 5 years!!!