Thursday, November 05, 2009

Obama's brother in China talks about their abusive father...

President Barack Obama's half brother has broken his media silence to discuss his new novel _ the semi-autobiographical story of an abusive parent patterned on their late father, the mostly absent figure Obama wrote about in his own memoir.

In his first interview, Mark Ndesandjo told The Associated Press that he wrote "Nairobi to Shenzhen" in part to raise awareness of domestic violence.

"My father beat my mother and my father beat me, and you don't do that," said Ndesandjo, whose mother, Ruth Nidesand, was Barack Obama Sr.'s third wife. "It's something which I think affected me for a long time, and it's something that I've just recently come to terms with." More...

Don't miss:

  1. Obama's brother in China keeps a low profile...
  2. Barack Obama has a brother in China...
  3. Obama brother refused entry into the UK...
  4. Barack Obama's 'lost' brother found in Kenya...

No comments:

Post a Comment