Friday, October 09, 2009

US journalist accuses Indian cops of beating him up...

Emerging from the trauma of being beaten black and blue, allegedly by the Nizamuddin police onTuesday morning, US journalist Jose Elliott broke his silence on Thursday. ``I could not believe it was happening to me,'' he told TOI.

The 30-year-old journalist has been accused of trying to steal a car in Jangpura Extension and creating a nuisance, as reported in TOI on Thursday. He was described by witnesses as being drunk, in his briefs and trying to break into a car. ``They said I was in my briefs but I have the bloodied trousers that I was wearing that night. I have kept it as proof,'' said Joel. ``I had a shirt on. It got torn and came off as they continued to assault me. I was standing next to the car when they took me down. Later, they put me in their vehicle and chained my hands behind me. They were all around and kept hitting.'' More...

Don't miss:

  1. Human Rights Watch slams India's police...
  2. Cops in India behaving like thugs...
  3. 5-year-old girl brutalized by cops in India...
  4. Indian police 'threw pregnant mother from train for failing to pay bribe'

No comments:

Post a Comment