Thursday, September 10, 2009

Australian withering away with swallowing phobia...

An Australian man has been forced to survive only on protein shakes for 18 months after developing a phobia of swallowing food.

Aaron Buckingham's weight plummeted from 100kg to just 50kg in just six months after he nearly choked on an Indian curry in April last year, sparking his fear of choking to death.

"I cleared my throat, went to have a drink and went to have the next mouthful and it wouldn't go down," he said.

"After several attempts I realised that the food wasn't going to go down my throat," he said. More...

Don't miss:

  1. Australian boy allergic to food...
  2. Young man cries tears of blood...
  3. Young girls ... and strange allergies...
  4. The strange case of the girl who bleeds for no reason...
  5. Christopher Sands, the man who has been hiccupping non-stop for two years...

2 comments:

  1. Any idea how to email this man? I would love to talk with him or his wife as I have a 10 year old daughter struggling with the exact same issue. My email is seymourdavidjenn@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. A google search did not produce anything. Maybe you could contact the 9NEWS network?

    ReplyDelete