Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So you thought your credit card was safe?

I've had many pieces of well-meaning advice given to me by my father over the years – most of them ways to avoid repeating my embarrassing DIY errors – but one memorable maxim of his was "never let your credit card out of your sight". 

Before the advent of PIN terminals, following this rule would require him to pursue slightly perturbed waiters around restaurants until they gave him a slip of paper to sign; I don't think he knew exactly what underhand deeds he was looking out for, but having never been defrauded while using the technique, he stuck doggedly to it. More...

Don't miss:

  1. Man in US tried to steal 130 million credit card numbers!!!
  2. Are you a Credit Card slave?
  3. Dutch supermarkets planning to abandon cash payments...
  4. Boys as young as 12 to get condom credit cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment