Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fanatical Jews spew hatred at ABC reporter in Jerusalem...

As a journalist I've covered more than my share of protests. Political protests in Canberra. Unions protesting for better conditions. Angry, loud protests against governments, or against perceived abuses of human rights.

I've been at violent rallies in East Timor. I've had rocks and metal darts thrown my way. I've come up against riot police.

But I have to admit no protest - indeed no story in my career - has distressed me in the way I was distressed at a protest in Jerusalem on Saturday involving several hundred ultra-Orthodox Jews. More...

Don't miss:

  1. The Orthodox Jews and child abuse...
  2. Jewish 'modesty patrols' sow fear in Israel...
  3. New York rabbi gets 30 years for molesting daughter...
  4. Hindu fanatics beating up "indecent" girls in India!

No comments:

Post a Comment