Friday, May 01, 2009

Do you wash your hands after going to the toilet?

After washing my hands in a public lavatory on Wednesday, I carefully placed a paper towel over the door handle before going out. Next day, in a different public lavatory, the same thing happened. And, what is worse, I was muttering to myself on both occasions. All very disturbing.

Admittedly, my behaviour in each case was influenced by the sight of men failing to wash their hands after relieving themselves. Both men looked respectable and well past the age when offending against conventional wisdom loses its intrinsic attractiveness. I've seen this kind of thing before, of course, and simply shrugged it off as one shrugs off the million other routine examples of slovenliness this country's inhabitants seem, increasingly, to delight in exhibiting. More...

See also:

  1. There is actually a UN hand-washing day???
  2. Is your hotel room clean? How to find out...
  3. "No toilet, no bride" Indians fight for better hygiene...
  4. Bob Dylan and the stench blowin' in the wind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment