Tuesday, April 14, 2009

America's wars: We need to see the horrors...

When I was a 17-year-old kid in my senior year of high school, I didn't think much about Vietnam. It was 1967, the war was raging, but I didn't personally know anyone who was over there, Tet hadn't happened yet. If anything, the excitement of jungle warfare attracted my interest more than anything (I had a .22 cal rifle, and liked to go off in the woods and shoot at things, often, I'll admit, imagining it was an armed enemy.) 

But then I had to do a major project in my humanities program and I chose the Vietnam War. As I started researching this paper, which was supposed to be a multi-media presentation, I ran across a series of photos of civilian victims of American napalm bombing. These victims, often, were women and children-even babies. More...

See also:

  1. Gaza: the images they are not showing you ...
  2. This is what's happening in Gaza...
  3. Endgame in Iraq: you won't see this on the mainstream media...
  4. The Children of Iraq...

No comments:

Post a Comment