Sunday, February 22, 2009

Iran: the friendliest people in the world...

The metal door to the synagogue swung open and a small boy skipped across the courtyard. He looked puzzled at the three people who stood before him, two of whom were clearly not Iranian. He led us up some steps to the temple, where I slipped a skullcap on to my head. A lady came towards us, smiling. “Are you Jewish?” she asked.

“No,” I replied. “Sorry.”
My friend Annette and I went inside anyway, past a table of food laid out for Passover, and sat at the back as an elderly man read from the Torah in front of eight others. More...
See also:

  1. Sili (The Slap), a short Iranian movie...
  2. Iranian President Ahmadinejad's Christmas message on Britain's Channel 4...
  3. Iran: mixed soccer match creates furore!!!
  4. Iran: two men executed by stoning...

No comments:

Post a Comment