Thursday, January 01, 2009

Why you should delete your MySpace account...

Today I am deleting all the content from my Myspace account and leaving only this notice. I’ve been inspired by the Franklin Street Statement and Identi.ca and I realize that a free/libre/open source internet is still possible, but it will require us to stop supporting corporate websites such as myspace. Here are some good reasons to delete your Myspace page, and support alternatives not run by corporations.

(-)

This is just the beginning, I’m planning on getting off of Facebook and other web services as well, and I hope you do too. We can have an internet that is Free/Libre/Open Source, but only if we stop supporting the corporate, locked down options we’ve been using all of these years. As these services become more a part of our lives and get into our phones and our everyday communications, it is critical that we fight for our freedom.  Full story...

See also:

  1. Bragging on MySpace is not a very good idea...
  2. Facebook can ruin your life...
  3. Facebook; once you're in, you're in for good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment