Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Turkish intellectuals apologize for Armenian genocide...

In an unprecedented gesture, a group of Turkish intellectuals have publicly apologized for what they called a “great disaster” that befell the Ottoman Empire’s Armenian minority and urged their compatriots to follow suit.

“I cannot conscientiously accept the indifference to the great disaster that Ottoman Armenians suffered in 1915, and its denial. I reject this injustice and acting of my own will, I share the feelings and pains of my Armenian brothers and sisters, and I apologize to them,” reads a petition signed by them and published by the “Zaman” daily on Friday. More...

See also:

  1. Turkish singer, Bulent Ersoy, defies the State...
  2. Srebrenica: What really happened?
  3. The forgotten Armenian genocide...

No comments:

Post a Comment