Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Afghanistan: 'I was still holding my grandson's hand - the rest was gone'

"We were walking, I was holding my grandson's hand, then there was a loud noise and everything went white. When I opened my eyes, everybody was screaming. I was lying metres from where I had been, I was still holding my grandson's hand but the rest of him was gone. I looked around and saw pieces of bodies everywhere. I couldn't make out which part was which."

Relatives from the groom's village said it was impossible to identify the remains. They buried the 47 victims in 28 graves. Full story + video...

See also:

  1. Afghanistan: Another Untold Story...
  2. Life in Kabul: heroin and skateboards...
  3. Going to school in Gaza, Baghdad and Kabul...

2 comments:

  1. To consciously create a weapon that could do this to others is to condemn one's soul to ultimate oblivion - but to deliberately employ such lethal weapons in the name of "democracy" perpetuates a chain of hellish horrors that can take a million years to break! Who are these so-called humans who go to church on Sunday... & then spend the rest of the week working at the bomb factory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else can I say? Will the madness ever end?

    ReplyDelete