Saturday, July 26, 2008

Frenchman to wed dead sweetheart...

I want to be able to tell the world that she is my wife and no one else, says Jean-Louis Ronzier. The 68-year-old sculptor will be saying “yes” to the woman he has loved for more than 20 years, Martine Cazenave, a dancer who called herself Alma Navailles. She died four years ago.

She was 52 when she died, in September 2004, just two months before the date fixed for the wedding. It’s thus a posthumous marriage that will take place at Lamontélarié in the small commune of Tarn, in France.

In order to keep his death-bed promise to his lover, Ronzier had to fight for three years with local officials in order to get his marriage recognized as legal. But even if I had to wait for ten years, I would have done it, he says. In my place, she would have done the same thing. I think she would be proud of me, he says. I love her still and other women don’t interest me.

A cocktail will be served after the ceremony.

Source (in french)

See also: Man spends 15 years putting together love letters his wife tore up...

And this: Dear Prudence, am I in love? Sweet stuff...

And this: A Love Story...

No comments:

Post a Comment