Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When the jury plays sudoku instead of attending to the case!!!

A three-month-long drugs trial costing $1m (£485,000) has been abandoned in Australia after it emerged that jurors had been playing sudoku for almost the entire duration of the hearing.

Sydney district court judge Peter Zahra discharged the jury on Tuesday after the foreperson admitted she and four or five other jurors had been passing the time by playing the numbers game.

"It helps me keep my mind busy, and pay more attention. Some of the evidence is rather drawn out and I find it difficult to maintain my attention the whole time, and it doesn't distract me too much from proceedings," the jury foreperson said after being questioned by the judge. More...

See also: Heads I win, tails you lose...
And this: Cool judge: Learn English or go to jail!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment