Saturday, April 12, 2008

Guillermo Habacuc Vargas and the starving dog...

Remember the starving dog artist that created quite a furor not so long ago? Well, it now appears that the whole thing is a hoax and not really what the artist intended. Actually, before posting the
story on my blog, I checked it on various sites, including this site, but wasn't able to find conclusive evidence as to the facts. In any case, it now appears that the whole thing was a hoax and that the artist never meant to starve the dog. Here's the article that explains the whole affair in a different light! But that's the Internet for you;you never really know what or whom to believe. In any case, it was better reacting to injustice and cruelty, even if it was a false flag affair, than not to have reacted at all...

3 comments:

  1. hear hear! well thank goodness. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say two things really: first, the response to that story has astounded me since I posted it. It has ranged from intelligent and well-thought out comments to outright vitriol and hatred! I never thought I would ever feel the need to remove a comment from my blog, but have now done so on 4 occasions due to the sickening reactions of some people. I also find it very interesting that no-one's that bothered about the story about animal testing which, to me, is a far more significant issue.

    Second, I love your blog! :o)

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, sandi t. and you too Paul! And keep those comments coming!!!

    ReplyDelete