Friday, April 25, 2008

And the world's happiest country is ... Denmark!!!



Denmark has recently emerged as the world's happiest country, beating out Bhutan, the long-time favorite of anthropologists everywhere.

The birthplace of LEGO -- a contraction of leg godt or "play well" -- offers even the first time visitor an incredible sense of hygglige: amiable cosiness.

"I remember you mentioned in your book," my Danish editor said over lunch in Copenhagen two weeks ago, "that you had a big head." I do have a huge head. I took a bite of delicious Esrom cheese and nodded for her to continue, keeping one eye on the wienerbrød.

"But you don't have a huge head. You just have a healthy, normal-sized Danish head." I smiled -- home at last.

Even if you don't have a Danish bloodline like I do, there are some good reasons to visit Copenhagen, the capital of the world's happiest country. More...

See also: A Map of Global Happiness and Well-Being?

No comments:

Post a Comment