An Egyptian father has decided to name his new daughter 'Facebook' to mark his country's recent revolution
According to Al-Ahram, one of the country's most popular newspapers, the man in his 20s called Jamal Ibrahim, named his daughter after the social networking site.
He is said to have called her Facebook because he was so happy with the role played by the site in organising protests in Tahrir Square and other cities throughout Egypt.
The girl's full name is Facebook Jamal Ibrahim and her family and their friends and neighbrous are reported to have gathered around the newborn, expressing their continued support for the revolution they say started on Facebook. More...
- How to start a revolution: Facebook and Twitter or an organized hierarchy?
- Couple lose custody of son called Adolf Hitler...
- Malaysian girl with unusual name becomes Facebook sensation in Iceland!!!
- Indian in Malaysia with a Chinese name is a non-person...
- At least they didn't name him "Sue..."
- Your parents named you Dow Jones and Indiana Jones???