A 25-year-old housewife, T Rani, was burnt alive allegedly by her husband and in-laws for additional dowry at her house in Jeedimetla on Monday.
According to Jeedimetla police, Rani had married T Balaraju, a casual worker with BHEL, five years ago. Rani's parents reportedly gave nine tolas of gold and a two-wheeler as dowry at the time of the marriage.
Balaraju's family members T Narsamma and Mallaiah were harassing Rani for additional dowry and this led to quarrels between the couple. As a result, Rani had been staying with her parents for some time, Jeedimetla inspector A Sanjeeva Rao said. More...
- Female Supreme Court judge in India lists daughters as ‘liabilities’
- Mother in India sells her daughter!!! Caste, dowry, pimps...WTF!
- Courageous "dowry-slayer" in India bombarded with marriage proposals!!!
- India: dowry inadequate, man shaves off wife's head!!!
- When Indian expats abandon their wives and run off with the dowry.