Sunday, August 01, 2010

Indian men spend millions on skin-whitening creams...

Skin-whitening products aren't just for the ladies anymore.

In new India, where the market for skin-lightening creams is more than $500 million a year, men are being spoon-fed the message that having fairer skin is the fastest way to fame and fortune.

And they are eating it up.

Venkatesh Vadde, 25, has been using lightening cream for the last couple years. He says it helps him look more professional at his job as a quality analyst in Bangalore.

"My girlfriend makes fun of me," he said during a recent interview. "But I don't mind because lots of men I know use fairness creams." More...

Don't miss:

  1. I am black, but I wish I were white. Sad...
  2. Black is the colour I like best...
  3. Facebook application gives Indian men a lighter skin!!!
  4. I hate being black...
  5. Why are so many Asian women desperate to be white?
  6. Rent a white guy! Confessions of fake businessman in China...
  7. To make a good impression , Indian students go for plastic surgery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment