Saturday, June 06, 2009

Homeless woman graduates with college degree!!!

Homeless and without a job, Toni Clark saved her unemployment checks only for the barest of essentials -- meals, and her college education. 

On Friday, Clark was one of almost 1,100 graduates at the largest commencement in Essex County College's 40-year history. While many of her classmates faced down their own adversity, Clark's entire college career was completed without having a place to sleep at night.

"I lost my apartment and my job, and I didn't want to stay with family, so I went on the street, but God put me right in school," she said Friday, moments after the ceremony at the Prudential Center in Newark. More...

See also:

  1. Vagabonds in America...
  2. Homeless and tent-cities growing in the U.S....
  3. Homeless man, with a laptop, cell-phone and full-time job, lives in a tent...
  4. The woman who has lived in Palma's airport for 10 years...
  5. More than 100 homeless people live at Heathrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment